Thursday, 10 January 2013

Happy New Year

I can’t believe Christmas, Yule has been and gone along with New Year. My birthday is the first of January and my hubby’s is on the eighth. It was his BIG FIVE O. Means he can have a subscription to a Saga magazine now. Smile

Both birthday’s were very low key but we did manage to grab five days away in our caravan, Bessie. We went down to Settle in Yorkshire, home of the famous Settle railway station. And very posh it is too.

Carlisle - Settle Railway

There weren’t any special trains running but it would have been fab to see one.

This year I have vowed to be positive. POSITIVE, no more moaning. I can change some things and some things I can’t but I am going to look at the things I can’t change in a positive light. Now I know we are going to move again but instead of looking at that as a bad thing I’m going to look at it as an adventure. Where will we end up this time? Will it be nice, will it be better, worse? We’ll see. I am no longer bothered by it. Aren’t I good? I’ve started keeping a jar, well it’s a cupcake tea pot actually, into which I am putting down all the positive things that happen on a daily basis so I can look back over the year and see how many positive things have happened.

I found an old photo that I’d taken a few years back, it’s of the cafe at the bottom of Pistyll Rhaeadr. It reminded me of a few lines of words from one of my favourite songs – Stairway to Heaven – by Led Zepplin.I decided to digiscrap it.

stairway to heaven

I am also, apart from going to be positive, going to attack my growing pile of Aliens (UFOs), do a bit more crocheting, and learn to use my camera a bit better. Actually, I forgot to mention that, I treated myself to a new camera, a Pentax X5 for my birthday.

1 comment:

Croap Queen said...

Here's to a positive year full of good things
x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin