Anyway, I found a lampshade in need of a bit of tlc at a boot fair recently. It cost me 50p so if my little project didn't work I hadn't really lost much money wise. I have plenty of fabric scraps and pva glue so last night I set to. I very slightly watered down my pva and started sticking fabric squares to my shade. Part way through I ran out of glue so a quick rummage in the shed and I found some more. This I watered down more but it wasn't a good idea as when I popped down stairs this morning to check on it, the squares that had been stuck on with the watery pva had bubbled badly. The squares with the thicker pva are nicely stuck and flat. I've gone over it all with Frenchic Finishing coat to try and get the fabric that has bubbled to stick. It is now drying so we'll see how it looks in an hour or so. I could kick myself. Grrr
I will update when it's dry.